Rahu-Ketu in Debilitation
In May, 2011 Rahu entered Scorpio and Ketu entered Taurus, their signs of debilitation. In January, 2013 they move on to Libra and Aries. Debilitated Rahu and Ketu expose scandals and give rise to acute physical sufferings, respectively. Granted, scandals and tragedies also occur when the nodes are in other signs, but this is a reflection on these past 20 months. This list is far from comprehensive...
During this time some popular scandals included:
- May, 2011: It is reported that former California Governer Arnold Schwarzenegger had fathered a son more than fourteen years earlier with an employee in their household. His wife, Maria Shriver, files for divorce in July.
- May, 2011: A hotel chamber-maid accused Dominique Strauss-Kahn, the former head of the International Monetary Fund, of sexually assaulting her.
- May, 2011: It is revealed that U.S. Representative Anthony Weiner sent sexually suggestive photos of himself to six women. He resigned the following month.
- November, 2011: Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky was arrested on 40 counts of sex crimes against young boys. Long time popular Penn State football coach Joe Paterno was fired amidst allegations of concealing evidence in the case.
- December, 2011: US Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain suspended his campaign after he was accused of sexually harrassing a woman and having an affair with another.
- August/September, 2012: Weeks apart, royal scandals erupted involving naked pictures of Prince Harry in Las Vegas and topless photos of Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge on holiday in France.
- November, 2012: General David Patraeus, former military commander of Iraq and Afghanistan forces, resigned his post as CIA Director after it is revealed that he had an extramarital affair with his biographer Paula Broadwell.
Some acute tragedies included:
- June, 2011: A gunman killed 12 students in a school near Rio de Janeiro.
- July, 2011: Fundamentalist extreme right fanatic Anders Breivik murdered 77 innocent people in Norway.
- October, 2011: 461 people died in a powerful earthquake in Turkey.
- July, 2012: During a movie screening of the Dark Knight Rises, a gunman bursted into a Colorado theater and shot movie goers leaving 12 people dead and 58 others wounded.
- August, 2012: A gunman killed six people and critically wounded three more at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin.
- October, 2012: Hurricane Sandy pummeled the eastern US causing over 250 deaths and $65 billion in damages.
- December, 2012: A gunman rushed into a Portland, Oregon mall food court killing two shoppers and injuring another.
- December, 2012: A gunman slaughtered 26 people, 20 of them children, in Connecticut.